Re: Turn2 mount with G-Chip

In a message dated 3/19/00 10:58:43 PM Central Standard Time,
Brian@SinglepointSys.com writes:

<< Thanks for the advice Kevin, I'm sure it would be nice to get the Turn2 and
 eliminate some of the driveline "slop".  Problem is, I'm a cheap-ass ;-)
 Seriously though, I wonder if I could somehow make one myself, or replace
 one of the stock rubber donuts with something solid(like aluminum or steel)
 and achieve the same results.  I don't know exactly what I'm talking about
 as I've never taken the mount apart or really seen what it looks like so I
 could be way off.  Then again, it'd probably be easier to just pay the $60
 and enjoy the hard work of others.

 Anybody got any ideas?

Actually, I do. :)

I swapped the mount with a '93 Corrado SLC mount ~ a year and a half ago. No
more driveline slop (MUCH less, at any rate), easier shifting, etc. I
understand these are kinda hard to come by now, so I got lucky in that a good
friend of mine was upgrading to the Turn2, and he basically gave me his SLC
mount. If you can find one, give it a try.

David Steele
1998 JettaGLX TRed
1988 JettaGL White
1987 Jetta Marine Blue