Lazy Spedo Cable

Recently my spedo cable on my '95 GLX drops in and out. Over bumps (not
necc. even large ones) the spedo stops working, or begins working again.
Sometimes it will work for days in a row, other times it will stop for days
in a row. I have checked what I think is the connection in the
transmission, and yesterday pulled out the cluster to make sure everything
was plugged in tight. It did not help so now I could use some suggestions.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the fix? Thanks.....