RE: Rear speaker ripped out

Dan sez>
> Thanks for advise Steve,

Sure.

> Actually the original unit was the premium system (clarion I think) so
> I don't have a Bose amp.  Does this change anything in terms of what I
> should be putting in there?

Not really.  The poster that mentioned that rear speakers should be
avoided is somewhat accurate.  The premise being that when you listen
to live music, it is rarely coming from all around you.  It comes from
directly in front of you.

Still, I prefer some rear fill and I prefer that rear fill to full range.
I have the RM6's I mentioned in my rear doors.  Great speakers.  I had
the RX67's in my doors, until I upgraded to components up front.  The
RM6's are head and shoulders better than stock.  The RX67's are also
better better than stock.

I think another poster also mentioned MB Quartz.  They make good speakers
as well.  Their efficiency rating isn't quite as high as Boston Acoustics,
so without an amp I would take that into consideration.

One last thought:  Consider moving the relatively weak front speakers into
the back and then upgrading the fronts.  In this way, you will definitely
hear and enjoy the money you've spent.

Steve Belt - Scotts, AZ
1998 VW Jetta GLX