Re: Rear speaker ripped out

"Belt, Stephen D" wrote:

> If you want a budget minded speaker that's pretty good for a coax,
> then consider the Boston Acoustics RX67.  They retail for $150, and
> again, you should be able to get them installed at that price.
>

> Since you mentioned that you changed the head unit, but nothing
> else, I'm assuming all of the other speakers are stock and the small
> Bose amp is still in place.  If that's the case, I'm not sure that
> any of these speakers will sound as loud as the stock speakers, since
> the above are 4 ohm speakers and I think the stock speakers have a
> lower impedance level.  I don't know of any low impedence 6 1/2" coax
> speakers to recommend.
>
> Steve Belt - Scotts, AZ
> 1998 VW Jetta GLX
Thanks for advise Steve,
Actually the original unit was the premium system (clarion I think) so
I don't have a Bose amp.  Does this change anything in terms of what I
should
be putting in there?
again thanks for the help
Dan
--
"how do you know I'm mad?" Alice
"You must be or you wouldn't have come here."-Cheshire cat