RE: Tires...

At 9:12 AM -0800 03/10/2000, Tim Irwin wrote:
>  > On the 13th call, I reached the best and most knowledgeable person I
>  > had ever spoken to in this experience. He said "No, I don't have the
>  > SP8000, but did you know that tire was discontinued? It's being
>  > replaced by the Dunlop SP5000, which, for a dollar more, is as good,
>  > if not better a tire. And if one gets destroyed somehow you can
>  > always easily find a replacement!"
>
>So why didn't you go back to this person? A knowledgable/helpful salesperson
>can be worth quite a bit, and would have saved you some later running
>around. Although I must say that he was incorrect. The SP5000 is not a
>replacement for the SP8000. The 8000 is a summer only tire, and has been
>replaced by the 9000. The 5000 is an all season (which fits your criteria,
>but is a different animal altogether than the 8000).

Thanks for the info.

To answer your question, I didn't go back to that store because I
didn't know who I talked to. Since I had spoken to a dozen people
before him, I was jumbled at who I talked to. If I had called back
and gotten some other guy, it could have been just as bad an
experience with someone without experience.

The vendor he worked at was Discount Tire in Seattle, which is a 20
minute drive there and back. So, going to this vendor would have
added some running around. Instead, I went back to Discount Tire in
Bellevue because the guy who helped me the second time was more
knowledgeable, more helpful, and made an attempt to make up for the
previous mistake. I'm a demanding consumer, but I'm not vengeful.
Plus, it was still Discount tire, after all.

Reminds me of the guy who posted on this list who said "VW SUCKS!
I'LL NEVER BUY A VW AGAIN, I'M GOING TO BUY AN AUDI".... Someone else
responded and said "that's like saying Ford sucks, I'm going to buy a
Mercury"...

If I was dissatisfied with my Discount Tire experience, it would be
silly for me to say 'they suck, I'm going to buy from this other
Discount Tire'...

>See above, the 5000 is an all season, 8000 isn't.

Then I'm glad I eventually ordered the 5000's... what's the saying?
All's well that ends well? ;)

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax