Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 08:31:26 -0800
From: Khan Klatt <khan@mediaaccess.com>
Subject: Re: 215-50-15 ???

At 10:38 AM -0500 03/06/2000, Naresh H. Singh wrote:
>Hey Gang,
>
>I picked up a set of rims this weekend and they have Continental Contact
>215-50-15s mounted on them with lots of thread left. Anyone tried this
>size on a non-lowered A3 Jetta? Any rubbing? The guy had them on his G60
>Corrado and said it was a tight fit but no rubbing.
>
>What do you think?

If I've got it right, the only difference between those tires and
stock tires is the width of the contact patch. Stock tires are 205mm
wide. Your tires are 215mm wide, or a whole 1cm wider. I can't
imagine that a tire 1cm wider would come close to rubbing. I'm no
expert, but you should have no problem.

- -Khan