Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:38:06 -0500
From: Cabell_T_Treadway@res.raytheon.com
Subject: Temp Gauges

>Next, I noticed that the oil temperature (on the MFA computer) does
>not display for a while, like two minutes until you've begun driving,
>but it doesn't sound like that was the scenario.

The oil temp on the MFA doesn't display until it hits 122 deg F.  I don't
know what's magic about 122, but my bro-in-law's '91 M5 said to not rev
above 4k rpm until the oil hit 122.  So I always keep the oil temp on until
it starts to register and don't crank it until it's warmed up.  Cold oil
can equal insufficient protection.
---snip off---