Re: GLX price

At 6:23 PM -0500 3/1/2000, Vwtrendz@aol.com wrote:
>  What would you guys say is a reasonable price for a 97 Jetta GLX with 40,000
>miles?  The car is in "mint" condition.  The car looks and drives like it is
>brand new.  I would like to get a newer Jetta but I need to sell this one
>first.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That's kind of high (mileage) for that year... my car is a 97 and has
under 31K miles on it. Even at 12,000 miles per year, that's only
36,000 miles...

I'd venture to say that you could get between $15,000 and $17,000 for
it, depending on your local market. The best indicator of price is
not this mailing list, it's your local papers, and local community.
Check the local paper classifieds, and see what ranges 97 Jetta's
sell for. Also see what 98 Jettas with 40000 miles sell for. See what
96 Jettas with 40,000 miles sell for.

My car has an extended warranty, an added CD-changer, and an
aftermarket soft-sport suspension, so the value of my car is probably
closer to $17,000 than $15,000 but I could be wrong.

You'll have an idea of what the market asking price is, and you'll be
able to set your price in a realistic range.

If you decide to "trade-in", agree on a price for your car before you
sign the papers. That way if they try to rake you over the coals on
the price of the new car, then you can simply go buy it somewhere
else. This may not be a bad option, as you don't have to deal with
setting up the sale, advertising, etc.

You won't get as much for your car, but it saves you the hassle of
selling it yourself and taking time to meet potential buyers, test
drives, etc.

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax