RE: get out of a ticket?

Damn dude, it was just a question.

Chadwick

-----Original Message-----
From: Khan Klatt [mailto:khan@mediaaccess.com]
Sent: June 28, 2000 4:08 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: get out of a ticket?

>I got a ticket on Friday, 53 in a 35 zone. My question is can I get out of
>it because he put down on the ticket that it is a Vento since I have that
>badge on the back. On my registration it says Jetta. Think I can get out of
>it?

You were doing 53 in a 35. Pay the freaking ticket.

If I was your judge and you argued that your car is a Jetta, and not
a Vento, I would charge you double.

Sheesh. You know the rules. The speed limit is there for a reason,
like it or not. If you choose to ignore it, that's your prerogative,
but you KNOW that if you get caught, you have to pay a ticket. It's
not like this is a complete surprise to you that you would get
caught. What kind of mentality do you have to have to get caught, and
then try to find a way to get out of it?

It's like stealing from a store, getting caught shoplifting, and you
trying to argue that just because you stole women's clothing, that
you shouldn't be prosecuted because you're a man. If you're stealing,
you're stealing, it doesn't matter what you were stealing, just like
it doesn't matter if the officer wrote "Vento" or "Jetta".

I have a great way of getting out of tickets... don't get them! If
you get a ticket and you didn't do anything wrong, then fight it,
that's what the courts are there for. Not for you to go and argue
that your car is a Vento, and not a Jetta.

-Khan

P.S. The ultimate irony would be if you got arrested for falsifying
records on an automobile (kind of like altering the odometer and VIN)
when you tried that argument in court-- by not disclosing that
actually, your car was a Jetta and not a Vento, and that it was
decoration, when you found out he had written Vento.
--

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax