Re: [gtivr6list] ON topic...DIY Short Shifter..

I did but I dont have any pics.....

Basically all you need to  do are these mods.
Cut the plastic holding sleeve on the top near the shift knob. Move the piece
you cut off to the bottom. make a nice cut so it can be glued back to the bottom
in a nice fashon. This will effectively move the pivot point. I cut about 1 inch
off.
On the actual shaft there is a recess that allows you to push doun the shaft to
engage reverse, this must be ground it out to accomodate the shift in the pivot
point. otherwise it will catch on the mounting shaft ( the "T" in the plastic
you cut.)
The only other mod is to cut the " C " shaped stop that prevents an accidental
reverse engagement. Trim it down so it rides on the gate for normal operation
preventing you from going into reverse. But make sure its positioned that when
you push down for reverse ( this also depending on how you ground out the relief
on the shaft) it will clear the gate and go into reverse.
anyother Q's on this mod OTHER than whats going through wally's head right now,
feel free to ask.
Its cuts out about 50% of the through I also have the shaft cut down with a golf
ball as the knob. interesting setup but very short throughs.
Doug