RE: ON topic...DIY Short Shifter..

Matt, are you making this just for me? Awww thanks!! J/k

Chadwick

-----Original Message-----
From: MAOberer@aol.com [mailto:MAOberer@aol.com]
Sent: June 19, 2000 11:09 AM
To: list@gti-vr6.net; jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: ON topic...DIY Short Shifter..

Lets go for a question back on topic....

Has anyone made their own short shifter out of their stock shifter?

The reason that I ask is that I am a competent welder, and to create a short

shifter, all you have to do is relocate the pivot point in order to reduce
the throw. I have a spare stock shifter as well that I can use to experiment

on.

Does anyone have any pictures of how it could be done, or of a short shifter

as compared with a stock shifter??

BTW, its for a 95 Jetta VR6.

        Thanks!!
         Matt