Re: PIAA Xenon headlight bulbs

At 10:21 PM 6/17/00 EDT, you wrote:
>I was at some auto stores today looking around for xenon headlight bulbs.
>I'm told and was shown the difference between the better quality PIAA bulbs
>and the other "copying companies."  They are much better as I saw.  However,
>the PIAA bulbs are $75 and the cheaper ones are $40.  Has anyone used either
>the PIAA or any others?
>Before I spend the $75 on the PIAA ones, I want to be sure it will be worth
>it.  I'm not expecting it to perform like the original factory BMW/Mercedes
>xenon lights, but I hope it will improve over the stock yellowish look.  Does
>anyone have any input on this?  I've been dying to get these for the longest
>time!!!  Thanks in advance...
>Oh by the way, are they street legal?
>

>John
>2000 GLS VR6

Oh boy $75????

Guys save your money and get the Hella Optilux Zenon White bulbs.
They are only about $25 for 2 bulbs.  They fit into your existing headlight
assembly.
Try them you'll like them.

Available at: http://www.rallylights.com/

Might want to also check with Mike Potterman he may also have them.

A word of warning: be careful of the high wattage bulbs they may put out
enough heat to melt the plastic housing.  I understand from a second source
Mike Potterman says they can take the heat but I haven't tried them yet.  My
advise is call the Pottermon and ask him yourself.

Dr. Bob
The doctor is in.....