PIAA Xenon headlight bulbs

I was at some auto stores today looking around for xenon headlight bulbs.
I'm told and was shown the difference between the better quality PIAA bulbs
and the other "copying companies."  They are much better as I saw.  However,
the PIAA bulbs are $75 and the cheaper ones are $40.  Has anyone used either
the PIAA or any others?
Before I spend the $75 on the PIAA ones, I want to be sure it will be worth
it.  I'm not expecting it to perform like the original factory BMW/Mercedes
xenon lights, but I hope it will improve over the stock yellowish look.  Does
anyone have any input on this?  I've been dying to get these for the longest
time!!!  Thanks in advance...
Oh by the way, are they street legal?

John
2000 GLS VR6