Re: Parking Brake Boot

In a message dated 6/3/00 7:08:23 AM Central Daylight Time, adam@cs.dal.ca
writes:

<< I just got a new parking brake boot/handle for my 1990 Jetta.  The boot
 on my previous one came away from the handle and had started to get torn
 up a bit.  My problem is, I can't figure out how to get the old handle
 off the parking brake lever -- there is no screw or anything and I'm
 worried it might be glued on.

 Anyone replaced one of these before that can point me in the right
 direction?  >>

I think that the boot slips on, but it's held in place by the "ring" around
the release button. Pry the ring loose and see if you can get it off that
way...?

I'm certain sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

David Steele
1998 JettaGLX TRed
1988 JettaGL White
1987 Jetta Marine Blue