raced a new Eclipse

I was on my way home from work yesterday on Dry Creek here in Denver. On the
way home there is no room for opening up the VR6 because you are usually
behind a ass load of cars. I actually got to stop at a light this time and I
was happy. Then this new (butt ugly) Eclipse pulled up next to me. I noticed
it before, temporary tags on it still and some kid driving it. I thought
nothing of it. Light turns green and I take off normally. He takes off like
a bat out of hell and I said, oh no you aren't. I hit it and start to catch
him. 2nd gear is even closer. By the end of 2nd gear I'm passing him. After
I passed him I decided to slow back down to the speed limit of 40. I was
going about 65. I let him pass by me and I look over at him and he just
keeps looking forward. I looked at the back and it was only a new RS. I
thought it was going to be a GT. Oh well, maybe next time. Anyone know the
specs on this car?

John Chadwick
CH2MHILL
Engineering Design