Re:

At 9:23 AM -0500 1/30/2000, Dr. Bob wrote:
>  >I hate those SUV's, and I really hope Porsche doesn't try to enter that
>  >market, it would lower my opinion of them, not like they'd care.  I believe
>  >VW is coming out with one in the next couple of years, though.
>
>This I have to agree with you ....the SUV's are a piece of crap with
>most still
>using 15 year old technology, and they are fuel inefficient, and they cannot
>corner worth a dime. I love it when one of them tries to corner with me it's
>such a laugh.  The last time it happened the guy's tires were screeching all
>over the place and he looked like he was getting ready to roll over in my rear
>view mirror.  I must admit I also like the look on their face when I
>leave them
>at a light with their big V8's rumbling.

People  buy SUV's for different reasons. For example, I'd never buy
any current Jetta/Audi/BMW (perhaps the X5, don't know much about it)
if I was an avid boater and wanted to tow a boat.

Based on what I've read, I'm really excited about the BMW M class
cars. The M5 and M roadster in particular. However, they are 2WD, and
regardless of what BMW marketing hype says, there is no substitute
for 4WD.

And because I am solely a German engineering car buyer (i.e. no
Subaru) my next purchase will probably be an Audi. I have considered
a Jeep G. Cherokee, but then that's a totally different kind of car.

>Be careful Khan don't let anyone contaminate your thoughts on your future
>Audi Quatro.

... or the Passat 4motion, but the Passat is pretty gutless compared to....

>Pick up an S4 and go looking for Bimmers to run by........

exactly, the S4, but it is TINY*** (smaller than our cars in some
ways) so perhaps an S6 Quattro? The S8 sounds pretty amazing, but out
of my price range at the moment... :) According to VWVortex, it looks
like the S6 may be here in the US by September 2000. Time to start
saving up! :)

-K

*** In my opinion, the backseats of the Jetta and the Audi are
unusable by adults (I'm 6'2", and my seat is all the way back). I
don't plan on having kids, so I might as well have bought a two door
car... So, the only way to go in my mind is to get a two seater like
a TT, Boxster, 911 Carrera, M3, or get a larger 4 door sedan, like an
BMW M5, an S6, or, give up the performance, and get an X5, a Jeep G.
Cherokee, or the upcoming VW/Porsche SUV. I've ignored Volvo,
although I like their cars...

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax