Re:

At 07:30 AM 1/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
>They used to make a 3-series with an "x" designation (325ix I know of for
>sure) that had 4WD.  To the best of my knowledge (brother-in-law drives a
>91 M5 and is a huge BMW enthusiast, it's rubbed off on me), they do have
>not made a 4WD in years.  However, almost all new BMW's come with a quite
>sophisticated traction control system which all say is just as good in snow
>as front wheel, maybe even as good as 4WD.  BMW's website used to have a
>link about why all their cars were rear wheel drive and why it was better
>than front wheel, but it's been a long time since I read that, so I
>couldn't tell you their reasoning.

You must be bain washed! Have you ever driven a 4WD Audi versus a BMW in the
snow?

I arrest my case your honor - for this man knows not what he say's.....

>Have you ever actually sat inside or driven a TT?  I have not driven one,
>but I checked one out a the dealer, and I thought it was terrible.  It had
>almost no visibility, which I thought was bizarre for a car that seems to
>be all windows.  Plus I've heard they've had a lot of recalls, something
>about the car being "unstable" at high speeds.  Just my two cents.

To each his own, that's why they make different cars for different people.
Re: instability at high speed:  Yeah at 100+ MPH, but that was fixed so I
wouldn't make a big deal of that.  Again, go drive one then come back and
tell us about your experiences.
BTW make sure it's the Quatro model with the 225 engine - then tell me how
unexciting
the car was ......

>I hate those SUV's, and I really hope Porsche doesn't try to enter that
>market, it would lower my opinion of them, not like they'd care.  I believe
>VW is coming out with one in the next couple of years, though.

This I have to agree with you ....the SUV's are a piece of crap with most still
using 15 year old technology, and they are fuel inefficient, and they cannot
corner worth a dime. I love it when one of them tries to corner with me it's
such a laugh.  The last time it happened the guy's tires were screeching all
over the place and he looked like he was getting ready to roll over in my rear
view mirror.  I must admit I also like the look on their face when I leave them
at a light with their big V8's rumbling.

>>OK, now we're really daydreaming...
>
>You and me both (see above comment about M3 as I sigh with happy thoughts
>running through my head).
>
>>- -K
>>Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com
>

>Cab
>97GLX
>72Bug

Be careful Khan don't let anyone contaminate your thoughts on your future
Audi Quatro.
Pick up an S4 and go looking for Bimmers to run by........

Bimmers are nice cars but fit and finish and quality of the interior parts
do not add
up to the quality of the Audi's.  Go sit in one and drive it then go to a
BMW dealer
and drive the equivalent automobile, then come back and tell us your
experiences.

Dr. Bob