No Subject

Hey Guys

I have a question?  Is there any difference in the engine or gearing, between a 94' Passat GLX (automatic)  and a 98' Jetta GLX (manual).  The reason I am asking is because I have my Jetta GLX and a friend in Texas said that he rode in a 94' Passat that had the Vr6 in it.  He said that it wasn't that fast!  I think that my Jetta is very fast!!  And I was wondering if there had been any major changes since then to make me think that my car is faster??