got beat this morning

I was at those lights waiting to get onto the highway here in Denver and
there was one of those ugly new Volvos next to me. I noticed it earlier and
it had the T6 engine. Anyway the light turns green and I take off, all of a
sudden this guy flies passed me! I just start laughing because I was so
supprised! What does this thing have? I'm guessing that the T stands for
turbo and the 6 is the amount of cylinders? Can anyone help me? Horsepower
would be nice too. Thanks

Chadwick
95 Jetta GLX "I eat Hondas but not T6's" edition