Re: Yes, tires again...

Exactly!  The crappiest snow tires are better than any all season for
snow.  I woke up to 6" of unplowed snow this morning.  The Jetta with
the Winter King snow tires did great.  I drove the Scirocco in the
afternoon with the FZ4s on it with just a little snow left on the road
and traction absolutely sucked compared to the snow tires.  You can get
by with all-seasons, but if I didn't have my 16s for summer, I'd run
snow tires on steel wheels for the winter and use the stockers with some
good sticky tires for summer.  This is the first year I've bought snow
tires and am amazed with the difference.  There is no going back to
all-seasons for me.

-Mike
88 Scirocco 16V
97 Jetta GLX