Re: cleaning wheels

At 4:50 PM -0700 2/29/2000, Chadwick, John/COR/INV wrote:
>I have the '95 Jetta GLX BBS wheels on my Jetta and I'm sure some of you do
>also. I'm tired of getting down there and wiping the crap out of these
>things with a damp towel everytime I wash them. I use the Simple Green when
>I do wash them and they still don't get as clean as I'd like. Any
>suggestions on what I could use? Thanks

My friend had some very similar wheels on his Corrado. He solved the
problem by buying different wheels-- five spoke ones that were
similar to the pinnafarina wheels that used to be on the Corrado. He
picked them up at Campbell Nelson, and auto recycler (junkyard) here
in the northwest who had them on their showroom floor (presumably
pulled off of some totaled car).

I know it's not what you were looking for, but you could always go
out and buy some new wheels, and sell your current ones on the GTI
list. (maybe people won't buy them on this list ;-)

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax