Re: CD Changer...

At 9:51 AM -0500 2/24/2000, Ryan Suther wrote:
>I just purchased a 2000 Jetta GLX monday - without the cd changer... I was
>not going to pay that much for a cd changer.  Yesterday I went by Best Buy
>and talked with a sales guy there who said that the only changer that would
>fit was a Panasonic.  He didn't know the model number, and he mentioned that
>it was hard to find.
>
>I'm thinking that the guy was straight up - because he said they didn't
>carry it and he recommended a couple of other places to go.

He probably was straight up, but not very far up-- the guy doesn't
know what he's talking about (but I believe he believes what he's
saying).

Call Crutchfield. They can tell you exactly what adaptor you need to
install ANY CD Changer in your Jetta.

>Has anyone else heard this?  Does anyone have something other than a
>Panasonic changer?

Older, (92-95) Jettas had a Panasonic head unit, and therefore, the
Panasonic changers fit best (i.e. without an adaptor) for those
years. Between 95 and 99, the head unit was Clarion, and same thing--
the cd changer that was easiest to install was a Clarion.

Still, it's easy enough to use any changer in any car.

I don't know what the head unit is in the new Jettas so I can't be of
much help there.

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax