CD Changer...

I just purchased a 2000 Jetta GLX monday - without the cd changer... I was
not going to pay that much for a cd changer.  Yesterday I went by Best Buy
and talked with a sales guy there who said that the only changer that would
fit was a Panasonic.  He didn't know the model number, and he mentioned that
it was hard to find.

I'm thinking that the guy was straight up - because he said they didn't
carry it and he recommended a couple of other places to go.

Has anyone else heard this?  Does anyone have something other than a
Panasonic changer?