Re: In Accident Now What???

At 6:54 PM -0500 2/15/2000, Cabrio2NV@aol.com wrote:
>What to do???
>
>My 94 Jetta GL was hit last night by some girl, and not to put down girls at
>all, but this female was not even paying any attention to the road and was
>doing her hair and decided to try to change over 3 lanes of traffic at like
>10 mph in 50mph rush hour traffic.  Thankfully it wasn't my fault and no one
>was injured.
>
>My problem is that my 94 GL has almost 180k Miles and when I was looking at
>getting rid of it....trades only get me about $2k-3k and the insurance is
>paying me $4200 for damages alone.  With that its more then a trade and I
>could part the car out because its one of the hard to find models with no
>ABS, no airbags with the normal glove box dash and full disc brakes.  Or do I
>just fix it up with used parts?
>
>What do I do if they decide to total it, cause they said it may be totaled
>with that high of damage?  Do I buy it back and part it, or just take the
>money and run?  I'm looking for someone who has done this before?  Is it easy
>to buy it back or not worth the hassle?

Take the money and run. If you buy it back, you may end up having to
pay to have a junkyard take it off your hands again. Think of all of
the effort you'll have to go through just to make a few bucks off a
wrecked car, when you could pocket all the cash, and buy a different
car, or to put a downpayment on a newer one.

I guess it comes down to "do you get any satisfaction out of fussing
with cars, wrecked or unwrecked-- not take the time to figure out how
much time you'll spend tinkering with the car-- and compare that to
the alternative of taking the cash and doing something else with it."

-K

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax