Re: Warning! Important to Read if You Have an Audio System..

Sean,

First off, that bites.

Couple general comments:

Did your stereo have a detachable face?  If so, I hope you took it with
you. A radio w/o a face is practically useless, a new face almost costs
the same as the entire unit.

Locking the seatbacks isn't all that effective, all they need to do is
find the trunk release button. How would you rather enter a trunk?
Crawling through the backseat or through the trunk.

A good rule of thumb to those with modified stereos, use common sense.
Turn it down a block or so before you reach your destination. I have a
bass cut-off switch in the cabin to kill the sub at will. Thieves will
hear a good stereo and decide to help themselves to your stuff. If you
need to get stuff out of your trunk, get it out before you get there as
well. An opened trunk will reveal all your goodies if not well concealed.
That said, try to mount your equipment as stealth as possible.

If you tend to clean your car in front your house, don't play the stereo
loud, it may not be there in the morning.

I hope there wasn't too much damage to the interior. I had one of my cars
broken into and they wrecked the dash. BTW, Khan, it was a Pyramid deck,
just a shade better than KRACO :-)

Later,
-Naresh

'95 Jetta GL- Black

ps: the gloss on the frame might be silicone based treatments?

--
"Many are educated, few are learned."