Re: Fuel

I've had to run at least 91 octane from a few select gas stations in the
Cincinnati area so that my check engine light wouldn't come on.  The
dealership kept telling me that I should put in 89 octane ( the service
people gave a different story than the sales rep - swell ).  I couldn't
get the check engine light problem to go away even after several visits
to the dealership.  Finally, a friend that owned a GTI VR6 told me that
he always runs premium in his car.  Against the dealerships
recommendation, I started putting 91 octane gas in my car from a few
select stations.  Over the next few months the problem slowly went away
- and has not returned.
By the way, there's a sticker on the inside of the fuel door on my GLX
that says "premium recommended".
Jeff Cook
'97 GLX