RE: VTEC vs VR6

I have a great deal of respect for the engineering behind the VTEC engine.
It really is remarkable. Guys, the VTEC is derived from Formula 1 racing.
Can't say that about any of VW's engines. By that same token, though, the
VTEC engines that Honda puts in the Integra just ain't the same thing as a
Formula 1 motor. Technologically, it's still very advanced, but it just
doesn't suit your average performance-oriented American individual. Torque
is what we want, and VTEC engines aren't designed for that purpose.
Personally I'm a fan of the ol' big cast iron block. It's the same way with
motorcycles; I've got a torque monster carbeurated V-twin as opposed to a
high-revving fuel injected inline 4--it just *feels* better. Plus, it sounds
sexy as hell...

Enough of my rambling,

Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue