radio wont come on

    During the snow storm, my battery died, and we had to jump start the
Jetta. While driving it around to charge the battery, I didn't try to turn on
the radio. The next day on the way to work, the radio wouldn't come on, and I
thought it was the security code thing. The intructions said it is supposed
to flash "SAFE" with the radio knob turned to on. Well, it isn't flashing
anything, and I noticed the red security light isn't blinking. I changed the
fuse.... Still nothing. Am I gonna have to take it to the mechanic so they
can charge me $50 to flip a switch or something equally simple and medial?
Anybody know what could be wrong with my radio?

Angela
'95 Red GLX 5spd. ~aka~ Fernando