Re: stock tires do not suck (oh yes they do).

"Ng, Kevin (Bank of America Commercial Finance)" wrote:

> Try a car with coilovers and you will know immediately it's the shit
> suspension. The Y2K chassis is pretty tight.

Drove a friends 4 banger '00, the Y2K chassis is light years above my '98.

> What do you expect? There will always be a tradeoff between fuel economy and
> performance. Buy a TDI if you want great gas mileage.

The argument here is that there are other 2.8L and larger engines out there
producing not only more HP, but more torque and are getting better gas mileage.
The gas mileage on the VR6 is pretty dismal.

> Just swapping in better springs and dampers will help tremendously. Sway
> bars also help, but not as much.

Have to disagree here, as I stated in a previous email, sway bars arrest body
roll much better than springs do.  The also do not degrade ride quality anywhere
near as much.  I've learned this from experience with different setups in
different M3s (I have a track buddy who has 9 ... that was not a typo .. 9
M3s).  But if you don't believe me, check out the results of this simple test
performed by our good friends at the Tire Rack:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/eibach_antisway_rd.htm

Bill
'98 GLX