RE: stock tires do not suck (oh yes they do).

Try a car with coilovers and you will know immediately it's the shit
suspension. The Y2K chassis is pretty tight.

> and yes... the gas mileage sux bigtime.  I have about 145 miles on the car
> by the time I hit half a tank.

What do you expect? There will always be a tradeoff between fuel economy and
performance. Buy a TDI if you want great gas mileage.

> I either want to improve my ability to sense what the car is going to do
> or
> do away with the body roll.....  any suggestions?

Just swapping in better springs and dampers will help tremendously. Sway
bars also help, but not as much.

Kevin Ng
97 Jetta GLX Windsor Blue