Re: [VW-VR6] side molding

At 04:54 PM 2/23/00 -0800, you wrote:
>You should consider yourself lucky for them staying on for so long.  During
the first two years of ownership on my 96 Jetta, I went through two complete
sets of door moldings under warranty.  They either peel off or fade really
badly.  After warranty was over, I went through one more set (through
Potter-much cheaper) and then finally got tired of it.  I purchased the
European moldings (except the bumper covers and flares) and had my body man
paint it.  No problems since.  The Euro ones actually have the clips that
hang onto the doors.

>Kinda stupid if you consider that the holes in the doors are already there.
VW just decided to cut cost and give the later cars the crappy ones.  The
double stick ones come painted from the dealer, so it would just be a peel
and stick thing.  Good luck.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~wtam
>wtam@earthlink.net
>wtam@ee.ucr.edu

Wilson:

A while ago you posted this regarding the Jetta bodyside molding. Could you
tell me where you were able to purchase the European bodyside molding with
the clips.  I have been having the same problem on my '95 Jetta for quite a
while and just a week ago replaced for the umtheen time the molding on my
drivers door.  I did notice the holes in the door for the mounting clips so
I was thinking I'd like to get them if the moldings fall off again.

I would appreciate any information you may have regarding this.

TIA,

Bob