Re: VR6 0-60 times

At 11:54 PM -0400 04/05/2000, VW155mph@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 3/31/00 7:23:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>johnjwhite@mindspring.com writes:
>
><< I'm sure this topic has been covered ad nauseum so indulge me please: what
>  0-60 times have been published for late model VR6-equipted Jettas, and
>  what's your own experience?  My current issue of Motor Trend had a published
>  time of 7.8 seconds in the road test review section, which seems a tad high
>  to me considering my own unscientific timings in my '00 Jetta.
>
>  John
>  2000 Jetta GLS VR6
>  Black with everything but leather!
>   >>
>The best I have seen for the A3 bodied Jetta is 6.7 seconds in European
>magazine.  Car and Driver had the best time for any American magazine at 6.9
>seconds.  The best time I've seen for an A4 is 7.2 seconds (Road and Track).

Is it fairly well accepted that the A4's are slower because of the
added weight? I have to say I like the new styling better... but the
rear seats are just for show in both cars. (neither Jetta can seat 4
6' adults comfortably IMO)

-K

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax