Re: VR6 0-60 times

In a message dated 3/31/00 7:23:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
johnjwhite@mindspring.com writes:

<< I'm sure this topic has been covered ad nauseum so indulge me please: what
 0-60 times have been published for late model VR6-equipted Jettas, and
 what's your own experience?  My current issue of Motor Trend had a published
 time of 7.8 seconds in the road test review section, which seems a tad high
 to me considering my own unscientific timings in my '00 Jetta.

 John
 2000 Jetta GLS VR6
 Black with everything but leather!

The best I have seen for the A3 bodied Jetta is 6.7 seconds in European
magazine.  Car and Driver had the best time for any American magazine at 6.9
seconds.  The best time I've seen for an A4 is 7.2 seconds (Road and Track).