Re: 86 GTi need help

That car he asked about is a custom one-off type of car.  KBB will be
useless in giving any type of real value.  86 GTIs never came with a 2.0
16v, so a swap has been performed.  The motor was probably out of a car
that had been wrecked, and only had 30,000 miles.  The first 2.0 came in 91
Passats, so it is possible to find a low mileage motor in a yard.  The
second scenario is that the motor was built from a 1.8 16V, so that it has
been rebuilt, which might as well make it new(at time of rebuild) or even
better.  The clutch probably went in 2000 miles ago, maybe when the swap
was performed, or just because a new clutch was needed.  Putting in a
clutch is not the most demanding task.

Anyway, the car sounds worth it to me.
b-