New engine

Hello list.  Well, it's about time for a new engine.  I have an '87 Jetta
GL, with the 8V 1.8L engine in it.  Now, I know it'll fit with some
conversions, but I was wondering what you thought about me putting a VR6 in
there, and about how much that would probably run.  Either that, or do you
suggest a 16V from the same model years, or just a rebuilt 8V?  I'm having
slight problems with it, and it's also got 178,000 miles on it.  So it's
about time for it.  Now, my only other question is this... Since I'm not
mechanic enough to know this, will a new engine replace the water pump, fuel
pump, and the likes?  Please help here.  Thanks.

TJ Lowe
'87 Jetta GL

On the road of life, there are passengers, and there are drivers.  Drivers wanted.
     - Volkswagen of America
FREE Email for ALL! Sign up at http://www.mail.com