Re: Windows & Intro.

At 10:25 AM -0700 9/8/99, Joe V wrote:
>First off there was no owners manual. I need that owners manual I kept telling
>them. Then we found out the a/c swith only works on high, then the rear window
>would not roll up, and how do you open the fuel door? Where is my
>owners manual!?

The fuel door opens like this, on a 95 GLX:

1. Unlock all the doors. You should have a little rocker switch on
your console that allows you to unlock all the doors. That will
retract a little pin that keeps your fuel door locked. You can't just
unlock your drivers door, all doors must be unlocked.

2. Then push on one end of the fuel door, which will allow the door
to swing open. If you push and the pin is still in (that is it only
opens about 1/8") then you need to unlock all your doors by "turning
the key twice" in the door to unlock it.

With my keyless entry, it's a whiz. And if you get into the habit of
unlocking your car doors with the rocker switch on the console, you
won't have to go using your key in the door handle to unlock the gas
door.

It really works well once you get the hang of it. 97 models and newer
didn't have lockable doors, and I retrofitted the locking pin into my
97 GLX. I have a comprehensive set of details on how to do this on
97-99 A3 Jettas.

-Khan