Windows & Intro.

Hi Listee's,
My name is Joe. My girlfriend has been wanting to buy a older bug for about
a year now. This was the last thing I wanted in the driveway considering that
we already have a 73 dodge, 77 scout and a 48 pickup. But she say's "They're
easy to work on". Well yea baby, but I don't have time to work on it and to
be honest with you, I don't want another car to work on. Plus I would have to
go out and buy a bunch of metric tools - which I really wouldn't mind doing
anyways :) - but what I really wanted was something a little more reliable for
her.

But it had to be Volkswagen. So I told her that a water cooled VW would be cool,
preferably a Jetta. So we looked into it. Well after reviewing all the models
she wanted one with power windows and a/c. So she decided on the GLS or GLX.

Since she does not like leather seats (being a vegaterian and all) we pursued
a nice GLS...and it had to be black. Well, we stopped off at a Honda dealer
ship in San Jose while we were on our way to test drive a GLS we found at
another dealership. And there it was, and she wanted it. A black on black GLX,
it was a 95 and had a whooping 80k miles on it, but she didn't care. We bought
it, and I was glad it had the V6. That was two weeks ago, she has driven it maybe
about 150 miles since then.

First off there was no owners manual. I need that owners manual I kept telling
them. Then we found out the a/c swith only works on high, then the rear window
would not roll up, and how do you open the fuel door? Where is my owners manual!?
It has been in the shop 3 times since we bought it for various BS items.

Well it's still in the shop, at Bob Lewis VW, becuase the guys at Honda could
not figure out the window problem. So while it's there and it's gonna be there
for about another 4 days, I'm going to ask them about the timing belt. I'm sure
it needs to be changed soon...but when? Where's my manual!?

So now comes a typical new owners question. What should I ask the mecknicks
at VW to look into or look at before they return it to Honda?

The car has a 3 month 3000 mile warranty, so obviously I want everything thats
gonna break or wear out soon to break or wear out now.

I've already learned some neat thing from this list, like the 36mm socket and
spark plug tool Chris mentioned. I might send in a message here or there, but
most likely I'll just be printing stuff out, reading and learning.

Joe V
Proud sub-owner of a bitchen GLX
aaaaagghh@yahoo.com