RE: Windows & Intro.

	I'll try to answer your questions as well as I can...(some snippage)

> another dealership. And there it was, and she wanted it. A black on black
> GLX, it was a 95 and had a whooping 80k miles on it, but she didn't care.
> We bought it, and I was glad it had the V6. That was two weeks ago, she
> has driven it maybe about 150 miles since then.

I have 85kmi on my 95, still a very reliable car...

> First off there was no owners manual. I need that owners manual I kept
> telling them. Then we found out the a/c swith only works on high, then the
> rear window would not roll up, and how do you open the fuel door? Where is
> my owners manual!?
> It has been in the shop 3 times since we bought it for various BS items.

You AC problem sounds like the ballast resistor, but usually once these go
bad they take the blower motor with them, i had my whole setup replaced
under extended warranty at 70kmi.

The fuel door will lock withthe alarm, to unlock it, double twist the key
til all the door unlock, this will also unlock the fuel door. Then just push
on the front 1/4 portion of the door and it will swing open.

For the window... There is a big "master" plug that has all the wiring for
the windows, stereo, and even a vacuum line for the locks. it is in the door
jamb, sometimes these loosen up or individual wires come out of the plug and
do not make the connection. I had to superglue my vauum hose into my plug,
it kept popping off. You unscrew the thing from the base plug like a
lightbulb. just twist the ring and the whole plug will come out.

> Well it's still in the shop, at Bob Lewis VW, becuase the guys at Honda
> could not figure out the window problem. So while it's there and it's
> gonna be there for about another 4 days, I'm going to ask them about the
> timing belt. I'm sure it needs to be changed soon...but when? Where's my
> manual!?

No timing belt, it is a chain that will last longer than it takes most Honda
to fall to rust. The sepentine belt (single fan belt that connects a/c,
alternator, water pump etc...) should be changed about every 60kmi, you can
look at it and see if it is good or not, look for cracking or missing
"teeth" wedges.

VW Customer Service should be able to replace your manual, they will give
you a radio manual too. Also ask them for the maintenance booklet so you can
see what the service items and intervals are...

Good Luck! Enjoy the car, they are great, I will drive mine until it
collapses...
-Cab
95 J3 GLX