2000 Jetta GLS VR6 questions

Good evening all!

I am new to this list, having recently purchased the above mentioned car,
though I have been driving water cooled VWs for over 15 years.  I have a
couple of questions that I hope one of you may be able to answer.  First,
the GLS does not come with fog lights from the factory.  Is it possible to
install or enable those lights?  (The space is there in the headlight.)  I
would also like to add the rear fog light at the same time.

Second, my car has the basic stereo.  (Non-Monsoon, no CD player, no CD
changer.)  Has anyone added an aftermarket amplifier to this radio?  I like
the way it looks, and like the fact that it is connected to the alarm, so I
would prefer to keep it if at all possible.  Thanks for any help you can
give.

-Kevin Rowley

'00 VW Jetta GLS VR6; '95 BMW 318ti; '87 VW Cabriolet