From: Mark A Williams [mailto:mw6b+@andrew.cmu.edu]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 1999 9:23 AM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Central Locking/Alarm

Casey,
    I bought a black '95 GLX in December, and had some similar problems.
 Sunroof would jam open.  Dome lights wouldn't work.  Alarm would go off
randomly as the result of locking/unlocking the car.  Central locking
would sometimes work, sometimes not.

    The dealer characterized it as an "itermittent short" in the fusebox
that had eventually fragged my alarm computer.  They replaced the
fusebox and computer, and now all's well.  Be forewarned, though, the
repairs cost some ungodly amount of money...luckily I was under
warranty.  Hopefully you are too.

Hope that helped,
--Mark Williams

'95 StealthJet...Bilstein/SofSport/rollbars should be here any day now.