Re: brake problem

 It is normal wear for stock pads, ever wonder where that black stuff on
your wheels come from? It's not just from your pads. This may help people to
decide on new pads before the originals where out.

 I just had my brakes done at 58K miles and had all my rotors changed, pads,
and a brake fluid flush for about $420. ATE rotors advertised in European Car
magazine direct, sound interesting with oval cut outs, OEM quality, and cheaper
than $120 per I think there more like the Pep Boys price. Maybe I could have
saved some off my job if I got them.

 The pads installed are something like Auto Specialties who makes pads for
German / European cars. I don't know too much about this company or the
stopping
distance they brake, but I don't have much brake dust and the shop says that
I might be able to get 3 pads changes for a set of rotors. I don't know how the
performance pads do in this area.

 Oh yah while checking on your maintaince, that lifetime fuel filter may
shorten the life of your fuel pump. After 58k you could hardly blow thru the
filter. My mechanic suggests replacement every 10k, which is a lot less then
what other mechanics says, but the gas here is so good here that nobody has to
test it's quality. Ha ha.

 While your at it, check your lifetime antifreeze. If it is looking brown or
every 4 years or so you should change it.

 Your mileage may very.

Ken
95 GLX