Re: [VW-A3-2L] Neuspeed/Boge set-up (was Re: Tell me your Jamex experiences...)

H&R's are only $185 thru Potterman plus shipping unless there on monthly special
in which case shipping is free. They're progressive wound springs, spec'ed for the
VR6 cars. Lowered (according to the sheet) 1.5" front, 1.3" rear. I have Koni TA
shocks with the adj rear perch so you could even out the rear if you like. After
settling, it seems to have lowered the front close to 2" and the rear 1.5". Koni's
are expensive, but very much worth it for adjustability and quality. My friend had
Tokico's on his 84 GTI and the blew within months(I read of other realiability
issuses with tokico), He now has Koni's and wish he hadn't wasted his money the
first time around. AFAIK, the Neuspeed are almost identical to the H&R's. I've had
no problems whatsoever with the setup(no noises or any other problems), and will
get the same setup for my 84 GTI when I rebuild it. I don't have any experience
with the Eibachs, but from research and all the opinions I've read on this list,
the VR6 list, and various websites, Koni and Bilstein, and H&R, Neuspeed, and
Eibach seem to be the best combos for suspension. It's a matter of preference.
There, I'm done!
Anthony
98 Ginster 8v GTI