help me please

Took my '96  GLX to the dealer last Friday because the check engine
light came on.  The dealer (who will go unnamed, however they are just
north of Philadelphia, starts with an H and has extensive racing
background) did an engine diagnostic check and came to the conclusion
that the coil pack needed to be replaced.  Long story short, pick up car
without repair complete with the anticipation of other local dealer
doing the work today.  Pick up car from first dealer (which reset the
computer - no more engine light on) and the car behaves like normal, not
a single sign of any problem.  Drove the hell out of the car this
weekend and again, car runs like new.  What's going on here????  Coils
don't fix themselves.  If the coil was the original problem then why
didn't check engine light go on again.  Somebody please give me some
insight.  Is the dealer screwing with me?  What would you do???

Thanks,

Vince