Re: shifter removal

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bergesen <djbergesen@dotstar.net>
Date: Thursday, May 06, 1999 8:56 PM
Subject: shifter removal

In case anyone is interested, the shifter on a 96 GLX is removed by unscrewing it - thanks to all who gave me input, but it was a screw on after all. Not good, really, considering I was going to cut the shaft down... I might have a loose knob for a while. I guess it'll go with my loose screw.

-ENS D.J. Bergesen
Student Naval Aviator
djbergesen@dotstar.net
96 Jetta GLX VR6  "V WAFFE"

Does anybody happen to have any experience in cutting or trimming down the shifter on their GLX? If so, what all procedures did you follow and what difficulties did you encounter? Thanks in advance.

Taylor Oliver
taylor@ionet.net
1998 GLX Tornado Red / Black Leather / 5 speed