Re: tires HELP! (ADDENDUM)

I'm *definitely* not an expert on tires, but my understanding of the
UTQG treadwear rating is that while it's a requirement imposed by the
government on tire manufacturers to specify a rating, no guidelines
exist for what the rating means. In other words, there's no standard,
and every manufacturer has to come up with their own reference for 0 or
whatever. So within a specific mfr's line of tires, the numbers mean
something from one tire to another, but you can't use them to compare
the rating on one mfr's tire to another.

I'm actually in the middle of looking at new rubber myself right now,
and was thinking about going with the Tire Rack and getting 16" O.Z.
Cignus wheels (cuz they're on sale for $59) and 205/40WR16 P7000s. Price
is an issue, since I'm saving for a down payment on my Y2K Harley in
August.

Bruce Stapley
98 blk/blk
Probably-gonna-soon-have-those-P7000s Edition