tires/wheels & offset.

Well, I just paid the initial FL registration on my car, which included FL state tax (since PA didn't charge it), so now I'm down $1200!!!!! I guess the 16" wheels I had wanted are now out of the question. I might replace JUST the tires, keeping the stock 15" wheels. Any input? I was thinking about Michelin SX GTs, but anything else less than $130 is also fair game. I'm looking at 215/40s. Unfortunately, with new tires I will have to pay for mounting and balancing, something which the mail order people throw in with wheel packages.
    Also, is there any way to increase the wheel offset? Spacers or something? I want the wheels to look a little more flush with the body, and increase the track width (two things I WAS going to accomplish with new 16x7 35mm offset wheels).

-ENS D.J. Bergesen
Student Naval Aviator
djbergesen@dotstar.net
96 Vento GLX VR6 blk/blk