Re: First Oil Change

From: Stewart MacLund <sundie@lunaticfringe.org>

> the filter cover: doesn't it have a 40mm nut on it?  (i know mine has
> the nut, i'm just not sure the size of it).

It's actually 36mm.  This is the same size as the rear axle nuts on Old
Beetles and such.  I got my socket (a cheap Taiwan one) from an air-cooled
vendor at a show for $2 or something.  I wouldn't trust it to crank up the
major torque that is needed for the Beetles, but for the filter cap on the
VR6, it works great.  Also, I think you can get a Craftsman one for $7.

-Chris