Re: Need keyfob transmitter part no. for '98 GLX

Howdy,

Excuse me for my ignorance, but I have a `98 Jetta GLX that I bought
new...so is it is the OEM fob, right? Mine was made by Clarion, however,
not Hella, and the only other information on the outside is a FCC ID #.

I have a question myself: is there a way to increase the range of these
crappy fobs? I wish my alarm would work from 100 feet away like my
friend's Civic alarm, but the best I get is 15 when holding it up to my
chin & pressing the buttons. Any ideas? I don't even know where the
signal goes to on the car.

Appreciated,

Devin Phatak
`98 Jetta GLX <silver, 17" wheels, p-chip>