Re: Bose system

On Jun 26,  7:48pm, Christopher Cooley wrote:
> Subject: Re: Bose system
> Put in Van Halen's OU812 on "Source of Infection" - song #5.  Turn the volume
> control all the way to the right until it won't turn any further.  Turn the
> treble and bass controls in similar manner.  Put your windows UP to best
capture
> the full reverb sound.  After the listening experience, re-ask yourself why
you
> really need any improvements to the system.

Here's another recommendation:

Take the Trevor Pinnock(sp?) reference recordings of The Brandenberg
Concertos.  My favorite is #3.  Play it.  Realize the shortcomings of
a head unit that doesn't even have 20-20Hz coverage.

The speakers/amp are pretty good.  That head unit sucks.  I'll put
your stock bose against my Clarion ProAudio head unit any day. :-)

--
John A. Kilpatrick                                      Network Analyst
kilpatri@sgi.com                              Site I/S Network Services