RE: Does anybody know where to get VAG code

Your VW dealer or a Auto Mechanic Tools Company will probably sell it
for a mere $1,000....

 ;)

The VAG Tool might be proprietary, which means ya gotta either buy it from
the dealer or have the dealer run the diagnostic.

I haven't seen any VW add on modules for OBD-2 cars yet for any of the
commercial tools available...

-Cab